Thursday, May 31, 2012

Review: Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector




There's been such hype about BB cream (Beauty/Blemish Balm Cream) YEARS before Garnier came out with this. I'm not going to blab on about the history of BB Cream itself,  because this post would be twice as long as it is now. But Garnier just came out with their own brand, and now I'm able to get my hands on some just by walking in Walgreens, because I've had such a hard time finding it in the small town that I live in.




Well I (excitedly) bought some and tried it out.





It claims that it instantly renews, brightens, evens, & hydrates.
It is supposed to contain SPF 15, so you'll have some protection against sun rays.
It also contains vitamin C & mineral pigments.

On the box it states:
  • Dermatologist tested for safety
  • Non-comedogenic --- won't clog pores
  • Gentle to skin
  • Non-greasy

There are only 2 shades (that I saw so far) One for Light-Medium skin, which is what I used & then there is Medium to dark. They blend very well & match to most people's skin tones like those smart shade foundations, hence why they don't have a million different shades.


Well here it goes!
(yes my nails look terrible shh!)

It's about the consistency of a tinted moisturizer or a light coverage foundation. It's smooth and looks thick, but when you apply it, it melts into the skin and blends into your skin tone. It's not heavy at all, so you can wear this under your makeup, or alone by itself. It also smells fairly nice to those of you wondering what it might smell like. It's similar to a light floral scent.


 This isn't blended in on my hand, but just to show you the texture and consistency of it.


It does the job fairly well. My skin definitely feels smooth afterwards and it does gives it a dewy finish, so be careful for those with oily-prone skin. It's not greasy at all, it just gives a light shine when applied. Try using a powder to matify if you need to.

  • It definitely got rid of  the discoloration by my nose (which almost strangely looks like a mustache LOL.) and the corners of my mouth.
  •  It also decreased the redness from the pimples on my cheeks and forehead.
  • It diminished my summer freckles, not completely, but I noticed they weren't as prominent.
  • It evened out my tone, so my face looks more refreshed.


I'm going to show you a before and after picture, a pair under camera flash & a pair under natural lighting.


With camera flash
Yuck, my skin looks horrible. You can thank mother nature for her monthly gift!
The only makeup I am wearing is liquid eyeliner and mascara. No face makeup what so ever on either picture. No photoshop either.

*May I mind you I only applied one thin layer, so I was pretty impressed with the job it did.*
 Here, you can see the discoloration has disappeared by my nose and mouth and the pimples are less visible. The redness on my nose has disappeared as well. You can see the dewy finish by looking right in between my brows, so like I've said before, be careful if you have oily skin and try powdering it afterwards if wearing it alone.

Because it's not supposed to be a dramatic change, I will point out to you where the discoloration change occurs.


Natural Light
The left picture looks more orangey because my phone was not adjusting to the light properly, but I haven't altered them in any way!




All in all, I think it's pretty good for what it says it does. Since I don't like wearing a whole lot of face makeup, this would be something I would resort to because it's very lightweight & doesn't clog up my pores, but still gives good coverage. I would give it an 8 out of a 10.

Hope you guys like my post & comment if you have any questions!


Love, Ash!

No comments:

Post a Comment